Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
darbella:

here are two of my roos and two hens - i have about 6 roos and they are starting to fight... i am getting tested this week so i don't think i will have the results soon enough to bring them to shay's...

65701_cochin_roo.jpg

65701_two_splash.jpg

65701_dsc06172.jpg

Quote:
Oh I wish they were bantam sized, but thee are a lot of people that look for the full sized cochins at Shays. It usually takes a week to 10 days to get your results back so you may very well have the results in time for Shays. Are the parents of these birds tested, if so I think you are OK to bring them, but double check with Say first. I know they would sell there, they are beautiful! I only have banties right now.

the roos are a little bloody now - thinking of eating them... we have never been tested - have had chickens for 30 years... never any sickness seen... but we never tried to sell any - until now...

Quote:
You will have the results back in plenty of time. Takes 2, maybe 3 days by email and a week to get the copy in the mail.

Quote:
You will have the results back in plenty of time. Takes 2, maybe 3 days by email and a week to get the copy in the mail.

Oh wow, Mass. gives you results by email? That is awesome, she could even print it out!

Here is a picture of my NN frizzled pullet. She is going to be a splash, hatched from a blue egg (thanks Shay for hatching those eggs for me).
The other chick is one of my Shamo babies. I believe this one to be a roo judging by the longer legs and neck and the stamce. It is 5 weeks old. I hatched 7 of them, all different colors.
17950_p5220059.jpg

17950_p5220050.jpg

Here are the ones we're def going to rehome. They are currently on craigslist - 1 of the grey silkies started crowing over the weekend, and the black cochin (mix?) bantam also started crowing. "Bliss" was my husband's favorite but we can't keep the roos.

Also - I might be looking for a nice adult silkie pullet - pref. white? Anyone plan to bring some from breeder stock?

Here are the 3 we plan to rehome:

3ma3o53l85Z05Q45U4b5me71b22c879b11d8e.jpg
3nf3k63p45V45O55Q0b5mdbbe3f0654d91dd6.jpg
3n43pe3o55W25X05S2b5mc781f3a696ef18ad.jpg

Quote:
we are thinking of going to shay's for the first time

i think i am fine with the lav orps... i just won ten lav orp chicks on bidbird and they all arrived alive.. so that gives me thirteen as i ordered a dozen eggs from 2 different breeders and only 4 hatched and one died... not doing the shipped egg thing again.

my wife wants some blrw and had contacted chickenlady 81- but her hens weren't laying at the time .. would like 4 or 5 chicks from her...(are you reading this chickenlady81 ?? )

however -- lavender cochins?? i have not heard of them -- i think i want them too .. but where can i put them ??

i have about 6 blue cochin roos i need to get rid of or eat... is anyone interested ?? i could sell them as a pair wit a splash hen - they at 9 months old

also a welsummer roo - i could make that a pair also with a female....

are the Cochin Roos standard or Bantam. I'm interested in one if they are bantam
just saw their standard, to bad

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey there stranger! Long time, no see. I will be going to the Westford swap and can keep an eye open for a pair if you want me to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom