Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

As it stands, I have Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and potentially Wednesdays available
My parents will also be doing some basic stuff like sit, come, and basic leash training, which leaves me free to work on more advanced stuff like heeling, etc.

Something that makes a big difference: after you teach a skill, work it into daily life.

"Wait" at the door--use it every time anyone goes in or out of the house, with or without the dog.

"Off" (means "don't eat that")--use it every time someone drops food on the floor, and make the dog "off" for a short time before eating his food at mealtime.

"Stay" on the floor in the kitchen while you do the dishes, or on the floor in another room while you fold your laundry, or some other chore that you do regularly.

And so forth. (My former dog would wait, off, and stay quite well--but not heel, because that was not something I had worked into everyday life.)

Last edited:
Okay, just wasn't sure. There's a horse game that deals with genetics, but they randomize all the coats
yeah

click conformation, scroll all the way down, click "reveal coat color genetics"

then, in a new tab, click "info" "coat color genetics guide" and read that to figure out what your dog carries and what makes it the color it is

Something that makes a big difference: after you teach a skill, work it into daily life.

"Wait" at the door--use it every time anyone goes in or out of the house, with or without the dog.

"Off" (means "don't eat that")--use it every time someone drops food on the floor, and make the dog "off" for a short time before eating his food at mealtime.

"Stay" on the floor in the kitchen while you do the dishes, or on the floor in another room while you fold your laundry, or some other chore that you do regularly.

And so forth. (My former dog would wait, off, and stay quite well--but not heel, because that was not something I had worked into everyday life.)
That’s a great idea!! I would incorporate heel into whatever walks I can do, maybe some heeling around the house?

Back
Top Bottom