Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

See I understand thats why people are concerned, but he’s all bark and no bite. When someone comes to our door he barks, but if they come in he runs to his bed. He is protective because I guess we bonded over our pain. once he gets to know people he won’t leave you alone, kisses and then he’ll put all his weight on you for pets🤣 he just really doesn’t like when people (especially men) so he will not let them touch him. That’s what I meant by he didn’t like men. He will growl if someone touches me and he sees I’m not comfortable . probably shoulda specified before🤣
That is completely different! I thought he just saw men and growled at them!

That is completely different! I thought he just saw men and growled at them!
yea, and thanks for the insight on other things! I’m kind of new to having a service dog, only 2 years (1.5 if his training isn’t counted). He has done that, but one Time he did growl at a guy as he was approaching me in a very like quick way. He’s never bitten or even raised his lip at someone. Just my cat🤣🤣🤣

yea, and thanks for the insight on other things! I’m kind of new to having a service dog, only 2 years (1.5 if his training isn’t counted). He has done that, but one Time he did growl at a guy as he was approaching me in a very like quick way. He’s never bitten or even raised his lip at someone. Just my cat🤣🤣🤣
To be honest I haven’t had a service dog before! I have just been researching them for a while now. I would advise if you haven’t all ready to look up what you need legally for your service dog (I.E stuff like training, public access, registration) and to look up what training is generally accepted to be need by the service dog community. If you are looking for any good videos on training then look at Kikopup on YouTube, she has a playlist on service dog training

Yes we are registered and he’s got his tags and transport done.
To be honest I haven’t had a service dog before! I have just been researching them for a while now. I would advise if you haven’t all ready to look up what you need legally for your service dog (I.E stuff like training, public access, registration) and to look up what training is generally accepted to be need by the service dog community. If you are looking for any good videos on training then look at Kikopup on YouTube, she has a playlist on service dog training

Q17. Does the ADA require that service animals be certified as service animals?
A
. No. Covered entities may not require documentation, such as proof that the animal has been certified, trained, or licensed as a service animal, as a condition for entry.

Q20. My city requires me to register my dog as a service animal. Is this legal under the ADA?

A
. No. Mandatory registration of service animals is not permissible under the ADA. However, as stated above, service animals are subject to the same licensing and vaccination rules that are applied to all dogs.

Q21. My city / college offers a voluntary registry program for people with disabilities who use service animals and provides a special tag identifying the dogs as service animals. Is this legal under the ADA?
A
. Yes. Colleges and other entities, such as local governments, may offer voluntary registries. Many communities maintain a voluntary registry that serves a public purpose, for example, to ensure that emergency staff know to look for service animals during an emergency evacuation process. Some offer a benefit, such as a reduced dog license fee, for individuals who register their service animals. Registries for purposes like this are permitted under the ADA. An entity may not, however, require that a dog be registered as a service animal as a condition of being permitted in public places. This would be a violation of the ADA.
https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html

Those of you who are unaware, and reading my thread, I wan to make it clear. There are no registration for service animals. A service dog should undr the ADA law be under control at all times. That includes no sniffing, no barking, no growling. A store owner is in their own rights to remove a badly behaved "service animal" from their property.

The only thing close to a certification for a service dog is a public access test, similar to the cgc.

If a dog is growling at men, its over aroused, nervous, distracted, etc, and therefore not preforming its duties as a service dog.

View attachment 2970587
View attachment 2970588

I got a dog 2 weeks ago! She is a 8 month old mix breed. Any idea on how much she will still grow? She is about 58cm tall, no clue on weight. Also any ideas what breeds she could be mixed with? She is a street dog from Romania so she might just be too much of a mix to really tell
Looks like lab, shepherd, terrier, maybe a bit of hound?

Back
Top Bottom