Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

No he’s not and he’s not aggressive he’s just protective and he Doesn’t like men. My PTSD is becuase of things that happened with my dad so he just keeps me in check
And you think it is fair for him to be put in that stressful situation frequently? A service dog should not growl or be badly behaved! Please look up why dogs growl! Its not fair on him or anyone around him!

And you think it is fair for him to be put in that stressful situation frequently? A service dog should not growl or be badly behaved! Please look up why dogs growl! Its not fair on him or anyone around him!
He growls sometimes, when he gets bad vibes. He was trained to do that as he also keeps people off my property

He growls sometimes, when he gets bad vibes. He was trained to do that as he also keeps people off my property
A service dog should not be trained to growl, they are not personal protection dogs. And that was not what you where saying before, you said he has a fear of men, which makes it unfair on him to put him in position where he will might a lot of men

A service dog should not be trained to growl, they are not personal protection dogs. And that was not what you where saying before, you said he has a fear of men, which makes it unfair on him to put him in position where he will might a lot of men
hes Not a PPD, and he does fear men, most dogs do because it’s a person.

hes Not a PPD, and he does fear men, most dogs do because it’s a person.
My dog Twiggy (who is my service dog prospect) will bounce most people playfully at the moment, I actually need to train her to be calmer around people 🤣 and her favourite person other then me is my oldest brother. Dogs do not naturally dislike men and there are plenty who do not naturally dislike people. I also have her to help me feel safer when out, if someone where to act aggressive towards me I don’t doubt she would growl, BUT I will not and have not trained her to growl and she is not scared of people. Your dog may bite someone who did nothing out of fear, and then he will most likely end up being put down

My dog Twiggy (who is my service dog prospect) will bounce most people playfully at the moment, I actually need to train her to be calmer around people 🤣 and her favourite person other then me is my oldest brother. Dogs do not naturally dislike men and there are plenty who do not naturally dislike people. I also have her to help me feel safer when out, if someone where to act aggressive towards me I don’t doubt she would growl, BUT I will not and have not trained her to growl and she is not scared of people. Your dog may bite someone who did nothing out of fear, and then he will most likely end up being put down
See I understand thats why people are concerned, but he’s all bark and no bite. When someone comes to our door he barks, but if they come in he runs to his bed. He is protective because I guess we bonded over our pain. once he gets to know people he won’t leave you alone, kisses and then he’ll put all his weight on you for pets🤣 he just really doesn’t like when people (especially men) so he will not let them touch him. That’s what I meant by he didn’t like men. He will growl if someone touches me and he sees I’m not comfortable . probably shoulda specified before🤣

Back
Top Bottom