Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Personally, I'd rather put a muzzle on my dog so that it can live a normal dog life than have the dog put its life in danger by biting another dog. If the dog were biting another dog and a person tried to intervene, the person could get bitten, which would end in some hefty consequences and, likely, a euthanized dog.
If I were in your situation, I'd rather keep my dog and other dogs and people safe.

Personally, I'd rather put a muzzle on my dog so that it can live a normal dog life than have the dog put its life in danger by biting another dog. If the dog were biting another dog and a person tried to intervene, the person could get bitten, which would end in some hefty consequences and, likely, a euthanized dog.
If I were in your situation, I'd rather keep my dog and other dogs and people safe.
I understand but my personal choice is not to put a muzzle on her, I am working on her barking and biting.
You have to know we used to live in the middle of nowhere and have only just moved into the city she has never really met alot of dogs before.

I need to help finding a breed again! So things have changed and I am no longer getting a Samoyed. I now need a psychiatric assistance/service dog, I will probably be looking at breed rescues so I don’t want something too uncommon, but I also don’t want a breed that has too many really bad health issues.

What I need:
60cm tall at minimum
Not too destructive (I need to be able to skip a day of lots of doggy activities with out it destroying things)
Gets a long with cats
Be able to be trained as a service/assistance dog

Dog breeds I am looking in to:
Rough/smooth collie (Not sure they are what I want)
Bernes mountain dog (worried about health issues)
Maybe contact this specialized organisation, as they will help to find the right dog (breed) for your needs:

https://usserviceanimals.org/blog/psychiatric-service-dogs/

You can DIY with PVC pipe- search “pvc agility equipment” and lots of YouTube videos will come up. You shouldn’t be doing full agility with her until she’s older, though- it’s not good for her joints. Focus on gaining voice control over her and socializing her to as many surfaces as possible, including unstable ones to help her balance. Also work on rear end awareness.
I only jumped with my dog. This is what I had

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229_202245.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229_202245.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 3
What kind of toys would people recommend for a large dog? I am trying to make a list of everything I need for a another dog

374AA290-C2A6-4D6D-8761-EF74E9B78277.jpeg

FDE4AD35-E0B4-4E34-A415-BDC2C9DF18CA.jpeg

I got a dog 2 weeks ago! She is a 8 month old mix breed. Any idea on how much she will still grow? She is about 58cm tall, no clue on weight. Also any ideas what breeds she could be mixed with? She is a street dog from Romania so she might just be too much of a mix to really tell

Back
Top Bottom