Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Me too. I actually grew up with German shepherds, but they were usually on the smaller side. Here's my current puppy, Maisy. I feel like she's going to get bigger than we thought. She's already 60 lb! She's some kind of lab mix. When we got her, we were told she was a pitbull/lab, but chickentrains thinks she probably has hound in her and not pitbull.
How old? She's so pretty!

Once I touched a collar and it gave me chemical burns. I refuse to put one on my dog anymore.

I use seresto, the stuff that comes in pouches and you put on the back of the dogs neck.
Yeah I hate the collars. I didn’t realize seresto made pouches too. I think we have used K9 Advantix and Frontline before but I love the Nexgard

What about peanut butter for dogs? I remember my aunt used to take a hollow bone and fill it with peanut butter to give her dog an activity to do if he had to be inside for a while. Seems like a neat idea, but peanut butter doesn't seem like a natural thing for a dog to eat... 🤔
Dogs love peanut butter. It’s great. Or some yogurt or cheese too and you can freeze bones and Kongs to make the treats last longer and harder to get out. Just make sure the peanut butter doesn’t have any xylitol in it.

Me too. I actually grew up with German shepherds, but they were usually on the smaller side. Here's my current puppy, Maisy. I feel like she's going to get bigger than we thought. She's already 60 lb! She's some kind of lab mix. When we got her, we were told she was a pitbull/lab, but chickentrains thinks she probably has hound in her and not pitbull.View attachment 2628447
Yeah she looks a lot like a hound to me or maybe even some GSD or Boxer ? Doesn’t look much like a lab or bully mix to me but I suppose it’s possible she has some.

Back
Top Bottom