Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

Itching to go to the lake. Although I'm worried about driving there. Deacon rides in a generic plastic crate from pets smart, he rides in front of my seat in our passenger van. (Dodge ram van, from the 1990's,, BIG! van!)... with all this news on crash testing, i'm afraid of crashing and him flying out. Don't have the money for a crash tested kennel, either.. No seats left in the car to buckle him into his crash tested seat belt. Even if we did have an extra seat, couldn't do that anyways since we go to the lake with both dogs (zeus sleeps in my families camper, and me and deacon sleep with my grandma). Agh. I'm just so nervous in general :(

Wait how is the cross unhealthy? I missed that.

The toy or teacup Aussie is a cross that is done for money alone. There are no reputable breeders of toy aussies, because they are just following the trends and trying to make a quick buck. TINY and TOY dog breeds are really unhealthy, and it takes YEARS! to breed out these health issues. Making toy aussies sick, and its not really worth it to create a toy aussie these days, as it defeats the orginal point of the aussie in the first place.. they where bred to herd sheep. There are a million other toy breeds, choose one thats ethically bred 🤦‍♀️

The toy or teacup Aussie is a cross that is done for money alone. There are no reputable breeders of toy aussies, because they are just following the trends and trying to make a quick buck. TINY and TOY dog breeds are really unhealthy, and it takes YEARS! to breed out these health issues. Making toy aussies sick, and its not really worth it to create a toy aussie these days, as it defeats the orginal point of the aussie in the first place.. they where bred to herd sheep. There are a million other toy breeds, choose one thats ethically bred 🤦‍♀️
I don't want one then. I thought y'all hated it because it was smaller than a real Aussie.

My Havanese is from what we thought was a good breeder (who isn't even a breeder anymore) but he's not well-bred at all. First of all, his knees are terrible, And he has arthritis. It's not just from age either, he's had problems all his life.

Back
Top Bottom