Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

ouuhh, getting that one, then. I also really like the silicone one... too bad it doesn't have extra storage.

I used to keep all my treats in a leather fanny pack and that thing lasted FIVE Years!! before deacon tore it apart. I'd go the fanny pack route again if i knew it would hold up as well :L
Yeah I just ordered one earlier too hahah

And that’s amazing!!!!

Can anyone tell me about puppy vaccinations vs. the need for socialization with other dogs? I know many people who worry about their unvaccinated/partially vaccinated puppy getting parvo or another disease don't let them directly interact with other dogs or go on walks where the puppy could come into contact with contaminants. But I also know that that period is the socialization window in which it is so necessary to get a puppy used to new experiences, including interacting with other dogs and puppies. Any thoughts?
I’m still unsure about this myself and was sooooo paranoid with Brewster and I wish I would have started puppy class with him sooner haha

Okay! That was the original plan. I was mainly curious because black_cat's puppy Finn seems to be meeting and interacting with other dogs, and he is under 12 weeks old, right?
They can interact with adults you know are fully vaccinated and safe with puppies. The issue is mostly with taking them to like pet stores and tractor supply and that sort of thing where they could lick poop or you don’t know if the other dogs are vaccinated. And no dog parks.

They can interact with adults you know are fully vaccinated and safe with puppies. The issue is mostly with taking them to like pet stores and tractor supply and that sort of thing where they could lick poop or you don’t know if the other dogs are vaccinated. And no dog parks.
Could a partially-vaccinated puppy interact with an adult dog that is vaccinated but possibly immunocompromised? We want our puppy to meet our relatives' dog Jax at some point, but he (Jax) is on a couple of medicines including Prednisone. Would it be safer to wait until the puppy is fully vaccinated?

Could a partially-vaccinated puppy interact with an adult dog that is vaccinated but possibly immunocompromised? We want our puppy to meet our relatives' dog Jax at some point, but he (Jax) is on a couple of medicines including Prednisone. Would it be safer to wait until the puppy is fully vaccinated?

Its not as much the dog, as it is the environment. Parvo can live on a surface for four years.

I’m not sure. I think it might be fine? But you could ask a vet. Idk.

Back
Top Bottom