Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

How do you tell if your dog is stacked correctly while stacking? are there breeds that are only free stacked? I found somewhere that said german spitz must be free stacked

How do you tell if your dog is stacked correctly while stacking?
You do your best to place their front paws under their shoulders, facing forward, and their back paws in line with their hocks vertical and paws facing forward. As you get more experience, you're better at recognizing whats correct and what's slightly off.
are there breeds that are only free stacked? I found somewhere that said german spitz must be free stacked
Really??? What group are german spitzes? My show people friends have said that sporting and working breeds are often free stacked while the other groups are almost never free stacked.

Last edited:
1624105715492.png

@chickentrains is this a gsd that needs a haircut or one bred for long hair?

You do your best to place their front paws under their shoulders, facing forward, and their back paws in line with their hocks vertical and paws facing forward.

Really??? What group are german spitzes? My show people friends have said that sporting and working breeds are often free stacked while the other groups are almost never free stacked.
They are in utility (the American kennel club may have put them in a different group)

They are in utility (the American kennel club may have put them in a different group)
Utility is the same as non sporting in 'merica but idk if they're in a different group
I'm watching them in crufts rn and the klein variety is hand stacked (I didn't even know that there were two types, this is cool) but I haven't watched the mittel yet

Back
Top Bottom