Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

We did some hand stacking this morning, it went okay. I will see if I can get pictures tomorrow of her stacked
If you're having the issue with her trying to look at or nudge your hand (that's what you meant by ''check', right?) practice giving her food while you touch her legs so that she knows it's nothing to worry about (but if she turns her head, stop the food)

If you're having the issue with her trying to look at or nudge your hand (that's what you meant by ''check', right?) practice giving her food while you touch her legs so that she knows it's nothing to worry about (but if she turns her head, stop the food)
By check I mean she is checking that my hand does not have food. I did find some where that said you should hold food in your one hand so they can eat tiny bites while you are stacking, it worked quite well except she did move a bit while I was trying to stack her, nose still at the food, just the back end moving and leaning

By check I mean she is checking that my hand does not have food. I did find some where that said you should hold food in your one hand so they can eat tiny bites while you are stacking, it worked quite well except she did move a bit while I was trying to stack her, nose still at the food, just the back end moving and leaning
Ohh ok
I'd show her your empty hand before you start touching her feet, and make the food that you do have seem more interesting by moving it a bit

@chickentrains I just read a thing on why they can't make service dog regulations because it'd be ableist, even though there's a huge problem with fake service dogs. I didn't fully understand- could you explain?
As I currently see it there isn't anything wrong with anyone needing a service dog getting that dog registered for free and receiving a card that they're required to put in a pocket of their dog's vest, with the option to purchase a vest from them or not. The card could say owner name, dog name, dog breed, and a serial number from the registry.
How is this ableist?
(genuinely curious and willing to learn, not trying to be rude)

1624234417493.png

Here's a stack today- it's pretty mneh. I really like the set of the right legs, but the left legs are obviously off. I should also be holding his head further back.
You can see how weird his proportions are from this lmao

Back
Top Bottom