1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickie affection :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mamahen2011, Apr 21, 2011.

1. mamahen2011

mamahen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    I posted to the FB forum already but just HAD to share here as I don't know how many people frequent the FB forum ...

Anyway, I moved my girls into a larger pen last night and they are just LOVEING their new digs. [​IMG] So much so that they eagerly greeted me at the pen door several times today and this evening when I wen to say goodnight I opened the pen door to take out their salad bowl from earlier and got some "unexpected" affection. LOL "Piccadilly Chickie" (formerly CHICKIE) has been the most friendly and I am not surprised that she comes when prompted. This evening I had the door open and was talking to the girls and Piccadilly stood in front with her little head cocking back and forth LISTENING to me. [​IMG] She then, all of a sudden, JUMPED out onto me and scrambled up to my shoulder. She just hung out up there, making soft little peeps and gently picking my hair. Then, "Shadow" (formerly DARKIE) comes to the front of the open pen door and stares and decided she too needs to be out there having special mama-time! So she jumps out onto my arm and just SITS there, cocking her head and looking at me like "WHAT? If SHE gets to come out so do I!" And finally, while we (by this time I have called the whole family to come see what these crazy girls are doing) are all laughing, little "Justina" (formerly Justin Bieber) decides that SHE also needs to be out with her friends. So out she comes, scurries up to my shoulder, but she decides that the top of the pen seems more interesting so she hopes on over there and stands there looking at all of us. Of course "Shadow", not to be out-done, decides she needs to go check out the top of the pen as well is "Justina" gets to! LOL By now it was time to round up babies for the night and once "Justina" and "Shadow" were back in the pen I just bent down a bit toward the pen door and "Piccadilly" just hoped on back in. [​IMG]

These silly girls are SOOOOOOO much fun!

2. chickfan

chickfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Awwwww. I wish we had pics! Don't you just love it? It is amazing how soft and sweet smelling they are!
    Lou Nell in Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by