Chicks any day now

i had six hatch today I will have pics tomorrow 6 or 7 are peeping so hopefully more in the morning
Sleep Chick GIF
that is not mine just to be clear lol

Hi, New here. I need advice. My Buff Orp has been sitting on fertile eggs for 30 days. I water tested on Saturday and again today and they float, small end up. Candling shows full egg. How long should I wait? No pips. No peeps that I know of but I don't spend real long with them. First time hatching. Should I assist hatch? Any advice is apprecaited.

I'm sorry to say but I don't think there are any chicks left, I would open 1 maybe but its going to smell bad I'm so sorry this had to happen

just after you open the egg if the chick is alive then open the rest but if the chick in the egg is dead or if there is no chick break the hens broodiness before she broods to death

Hi, New here. I need advice. My Buff Orp has been sitting on fertile eggs for 30 days. I water tested on Saturday and again today and they float, small end up. Candling shows full egg. How long should I wait? No pips. No peeps that I know of but I don't spend real long with them. First time hatching. Should I assist hatch? Any advice is apprecaited.
If she's been sitting on eggs for 30 days, it's nearly impossible for them to hatch at this point. If you think an egg is alive, try to assist the hatch.
Are the eggs she's sitting on Chicken eggs?

Chicken eggs take approx 21 days to hatch. The latest I've seen eggs hatch was day 24, and some of them had to get assisted.

Don't wait any longer. 30 days is way too late.

The chicks inside must've died or not fully developed. If you hear peeps and know that an egg as alive, help it. If not, they you are 99.999% not going to get any chicks. Sorry to have to say that, I don't mean to be harsh. Next time, ask on BYC and we'll help alongside you in your incubation process. Good luck in your next hatch ❤️

Thanks. That's what I thought but figured I'd ask the experts. Yes, they are chicken eggs she's sitting on but not Orp. Most likely EEs. Got them from a friend who incubates. Not interested in that.

I'm sorry to say but I don't think there are any chicks left, I would open 1 maybe but its going to smell bad I'm so sorry this had to happen

just after you open the egg if the chick is alive then open the rest but if the chick in the egg is dead or if there is no chick break the hens broodiness before she broods to death
Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow. :( Yes, I'm concerned about her but I do bring her food and water and she does eat and drink. She's a great broodie. Hopefully next spring we can try her hand at being a momma again.

Back
Top Bottom