Chicks are amazing!

Pstock44

Songster
Oct 19, 2016
Gray, TN
I posted a few times about my two recent hatches. I am truly amazed at the way mama hens raise their babies. These are the 3 chicks from the 2nd hatch, hatched in the main coop, no special nest and with 3 other adult hens and a roo. Today they're 5 days old and mama brought them out into the big wild world (into the run). I put out a chick feed feeder and a waterer on the ground. They found both and have been following mama and sometimes another hen around without any issues! They are all getting along so good its incredible! I like this way of raising chicks, not sure if this is normal or I'm just lucky to have a good flock of birds. :ya

20170519_114220.jpg

20170519_113051.jpg

20170519_112952.jpg

That's awesome! I recently saw a flock of 62 with tiny babies all the way up to adults, and at least two roosters. Everyone was happy, and one of the Roos was the babysitter, protecting the littlest ones. I was amazed, and feeling a little envious, since my bad birds are in three separate spaces, by ages, till everyone's the same size.

The chicks are so cute, they go where ever they want in the run. None of the hens bother them as they explore everywhere, even venturing a few inches outside of the fence to scratch in the grass. So amazing! I don't think I'll ever raise chicks any other way.
20170519_140141.jpg

Back
Top Bottom