chicks are due next monday-wednsday.

maybejoey

got chickenidous?
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
HairyMan (towns nickname)
Any on eelse have eggs due around then? I am so nervous. I cant wait, hope they hatch.
fl.gif

I have 3 under a hen now. It is day 20 on Fri. I am getting very nervous, as is my first hatch!
fl.gif

I didn't know how to candle...so guess we will see what happens.
hu.gif

Good luck everyone!

~~pat~~

I have 11 eggs total under my broody, 5 on day 18, 6 on day 17; they're due next Sunday and Monday... I CAN'T WAIT! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME EVER AND I JUST WANNA SEE THOSE DARN FLUFFEH THINGS!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

5 due for me on...uhhhhhh...Wed-Fri. I'm nervous too! I can't believe it's so close!

I was shocked and amazed to find that one of the eggs ACTUALLY has an aircell where it's supposed to be, and what is hopefully a little dark blob of curled of chick-ness! It certainly looked chicken shaped! I nearly dropped it in amazement, which would have been horrible to say the least, lol. The rest are inconclusive at best. One of them is very dark and it's hard to make out anything.

None of them really smell bad (the dark one smells of egg? But not like...rotten or anything...it's weird) so I decided to leave them in there since I hardly know what I'm doing.

I might look into that Brinsea sale now...so tempting! But I kinda wanted to wait to see how this hatch went before we got a new 'bator.
hmm.png

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK, EVERYONE!

Well today was day 21 and still no hatching!
hu.gif
My hens are still not leaving the nest, so I am still
hopeful. How many days do you wait before giving up? I have not candled as I didn't know anything about how to go about it. Hens are Bantams, so I figured 21 days was the #. Oh well I will be hoping maybe something tomorrow.
fl.gif

~~pat~~

Back
Top Bottom