Chicks are here!!! *Added pic*

TXmom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2008
Sealy, TX (West Houston area)
I just got the call that my chicks are here...I'm running out the door right now to go pick them up. 15 new little peepers...I'm so excited! I'll be back later to post pics!

Last edited:
OK, I'm back...they are just as adorable as I expected
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

For some reason, I only got 12 instead of the 15 I ordered, but that's OK. From what I can tell, I'm missing a Red Jungle Fowl (ordered 2) and 2 Blue Cochins (ordered 4). Also, I only see 1 Light Brahma, and there's another that might be a Brahma but looks much darker...maybe a Dark Brahma? I guess I'll find out when they grow a little more. But I'm good...I'm happy, I just love to have a big variety.

I have pics on my phone that I will try to load to my computer...I'm a little tech-challenged, so I'll try my best.

Where did you order from?? Mine are coming around April 5. Congratulations on your new babies! Can't wait to see photos!

I special-ordered them through my local feed store (Steinhausers), and they order from Ideal. I'm not sure if I'm missing some because the feed store made a mistake, or if Ideal didn't send them. It's really OK though, I'm not that picky.

Here they are...the breeds include Speckled Sussex, Blue Cochins, Blue Andalusians, Red Jungle Fowl, Light Brahmas and Gold Laced Wyandottes.

19371_chicks032510.jpg

Geeeez, this is my 3rd batch of chicks, and they STILL scare me when I walk in and they're laid out on their sides with their feet straight out. I wanted to get a pic of that cutie, but then another little chick walked over and pecked her and woke her up. Silly chickies!

Back
Top Bottom