*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkiechicken, Oct 28, 2009.

1. CountryJohn

CountryJohn In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2010
    El Dorado, Arkansas
    Thanks for the information:)

2. Meleda3

Meleda3 In the Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Great Pics! Thanks for sharing. I started my first incubator hatch project today with Turkey eggs. I hope I am as successful as you.

3. countrychix

countrychix Songster

Mar 18, 2010
    Frewsburg, NY
    Love this thread! We're on our second hatch now and you have so much information, I keep returning time and again. This is the best I have found anywhere. Thank you.

4. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Songster

[​IMG] Awesome photos! Such cute fuzzy butts![​IMG] Thank you for sharing!

5. suzpyoung

suzpyoung Songster

Aug 12, 2008
    Temperance, MI
    This morning I set my second batch since having this wonderful information. I cannot tell you (again) how valuable it's been to me!!

6. mandyp

mandyp In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    Margaret, Alabama
    I'm new here & have just been reading everything here. I am so glad I saw those pics. I have never let my hens set before, & I have a little hen that is insanely broody. I let her set an egg 2 1/2weeks ago to pacify her. I candled it today & wasn't sure what I was seeing. It looked black & I thought the eggs was bad. i left it with her anyway.I'm glad I did. It matches your pics perfectly.. Thanks!!

7. ducklover101202

ducklover101202 In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Awsome pictures! I am hatching duck eggs. It is day 12 tomorrow. Congrats on the hatch![​IMG]

8. Crazy Chicken Fever

Crazy Chicken Fever Songster

Aug 8, 2009
    Capac
    That is just AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful photos, my little ones will really enjoy seeing these picutres.

9. OMLET1237

OMLET1237 Hatching

Apr 14, 2010
    topanga canyon
    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CHICKEN PUSHES IT'S EGGS AWAY??[​IMG]:cd

10. woods5string3

woods5string3 Hatching

Apr 27, 2010
    Wow!

I am new to this. I am inqusitive to every aspect of chickens. This is enlightening. I have read a bit about candling. What is the best light, and best equipment for this procedure? I have at least one rooster, possibly two (not sure yet). Lisa and I are just trying to enjoy pet chickens, and whatever benefits they may have.

-Woody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by