*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
Day 20 of the size A Serama egg. It has an air sack but I can't see an embryo.

Any experts here ?
Just candled our eggs and a thew are almost completely black ,the othersyou could see a good thew vains in fairly big gaps ,we saw no movement are they alive ?
We are on day 13 and have 5 eggs
Thanks

you won't always see movement, just sometimes. veins are a good sign, I would consider any that look very dark or have veins to be alive and would not dispose of them. by candling often, making notations, and comparing the eggs against each other, you should be able to tell if 1 egg falls obviously behind the other eggs and has died early.

As the egg develops the shell fills up with chick. Sounds obvious, but to someone new to this whole thing maybe not. When the eggs is undeveloped, the light passes easily through the egg white and air cell, and just a little bit less easily through the yolk. As the chick grows a dark area gets larger with each candling. By 20 days even the whitest egg should be nearly impossible to see through.

Sad to say, an egg at 20 days that lets the amount of light that your egg lets through is likely an early quitter.

you won't always see movement, just sometimes. veins are a good sign, I would consider any that look very dark or have veins to be alive and would not dispose of them. by candling often,  making notations, and comparing the eggs against each other, you should be able to tell if 1 egg falls obviously behind the other eggs and has died early.

Thanks just hoping for the best now !!

It almost made me cry... I just had a hen hatching for 24 days with no luck... my boyfriend says it happened because she didn't get too friendly with our rooster,, maybe next time.
But this post is amazing, the pictures with videos have taken me to another level of Chicken keeping. Thanks.

Any chance that day 5 eggs with no veining is still viable? I have 10 Sumatra eggs from and older hen and nothing on candling. Yet a few eggs from the rocks are veining and they were all put in at the same time.

If you can see veins in bigger and darker eggs, I'd say they are not viable. That said, look again at day 10 before tossing incase you're missing the veins. By day 5 they should be evident if you know what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom