*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
Quote: The dark lines indicate a blood ring or a decaying yolk. Blood rings are usually caused by bacteria getting in the egg, but can also be caused by the embryo dying at some point and the the blood supply deteriorating.

In a viable egg you will see nice red veining that looks more like a spiderweb than dark blobs. Anytime you have black blobs like this in an egg, it has died.

The dark lines indicate a blood ring or a decaying yolk.  Blood rings are usually caused by bacteria getting in the egg, but can also be caused by the embryo dying at some point and the the blood supply deteriorating.

In a viable egg you will see nice red veining that looks more like a spiderweb than dark blobs.  Anytime you have black blobs like this in an egg, it has died.  
Thank you very much.

This is a great source of information. I am new to chickens and incubating. Right now, I have my first set of eggs in the incubator right now. I love all the pics and how you tell in the thread what is going on and what we are looking at. You don't know how helpful this really is to me and all the other newbies out there.
Thanks again,
Lisa

This is my first candeling on day 7 any body pls comments all are ok or not and in all eggs air pocket is near about 30% what's I do now

Back
Top Bottom