Chicks Are Sick; No Idea What It Is!

The Egg-Master N1

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2019
Central Texas
DD881ACB-8A90-4FCD-84AB-835F233BF682.jpeg
9602CB9E-AACF-479C-A877-BD45AA84255D.jpeg
Hey guys, i have two sick Blue Laced Red Wyandottes Chicks. Attached is a photo of what they look like; their symptoms include Lethargy, swollen eye and face. These guys are only a few weeks old and are still in the brooder. No signs of being picked on by the other chicks. Very strange. Any words of wisdom?

It could be a respiratory disease. Have you seen any bubbles in an eye or watery eyes, sneezing, or gasping? Were they hatched from your own chicken’s eggs, eggs that can from someone, or did you get them already hatched from somewhere else? Have you ever seen any respiratory infection in your older chickens? Can you get Tylan, an injectable antibiotic found in some feed stores?

Where did the chicks come from?
How long have you had them?

Do you have older birds?
If so have you ever had to treat the older birds for any illness?

Do you have added heat on these chicks?

Where did the chicks come from?
How long have you had them?

Do you have older birds?
If so have you ever had to treat the older birds for any illness?

Do you have added heat on these chicks?

I do have quite a few older birds that have come down with similar symptoms (though not so server). I have never treated them for any illness before; they have been remarkably healthy until now.

It could be a respiratory disease. Have you seen any bubbles in an eye or watery eyes, sneezing, or gasping? Were they hatched from your own chicken’s eggs, eggs that can from someone, or did you get them already hatched from somewhere else? Have you ever seen any respiratory infection in your older chickens? Can you get Tylan, an injectable antibiotic found in some feed stores?

I ordered these from Meyers Hatchery. Ive never had any trouble with my older birds. They don’t gasp very often, but I have noticed a few of them seem to have a hard time breathing. I have been giving them SMALL doses of Tylen 200.

Back
Top Bottom