Chicks are stuck HELP

salty

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Derry, NH
Day 21 and was was pipping when I left for work 8 hours later not much progress. Another one has been chirping away in it's shell, NO hole. Read chicken for dumbies and removed some shell but only their little beaks are exposed from the membrane..what do we do. We don't want to lose them Its our first try

Sit. On. Your. Hands.!
wink.png
It's tough, but the best thing to do is nothing for now. I'm sure you'll get more responses soon.
Congrats on your soon to be fluffy butts!

I agree...sit on your hands!!!!! It can take 24+ hours from pip to the time they're hatched. You're more likely to kill them by helping than by letting them do it themselves. Every time you open the bator or mess with them you lower their chances of hatching.

Leave them alone! 8 hours is nothing. I have one little egg who has been chirping away at me since about noon yesterday. She just pipped a few minutes ago and all is well. As long as your humidity is fine they will just do what they do.

Yes!!! I know it looks crazy but we PEEP at them to cheer them on,lol.
Do your best not to open the incubator, it can really mess up your hatch.
IF you feel you need to interfere, I know there are posts (if you do a search) that will explain to you WHEN that is necessary.
Good luck!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom