Chicks arrived from Murray McMurray today. 2 days old!

Whenever I get day old chicks I always have to remind myself that they fit into an egg. I don't know why I am so surprised that they are so small every time.

D'oh! Why didn't I realize that !
You're not the only one! I tell folks that all the time and they look at me all stunned
wink.png

Course, I also look at my moose ds13 and can't believe he fit in ME at one point....................

I'm almost in Canada and I have chicks. I figure that by the time real winter hits they should be 3 months old and sturdy. Now these are not my chicks but they will stay near me :) they will go to their new home tomorrow. :hit we are do sad to see them leave.

I think fall is perfect. I know I will be keeping them inside longer but that's OK. Got my garage all set up for them and they should be great in the brooder box.

I'm not even having mine delivered till the Oct 30th Hatching. I need winter projects and I thought this would be a good one as I can take care of them in the confines of the garage and not get wet like all my other projects!

I have chicks coming Oct 15th. I didn't want chicks shipped this summer with the heat. I currently have 3 2week olds (1RIR & @ Golden Buffs) that live outside in a coop/brooder. They are feathering out quickly. They have a ecoglow 20 that they do not seem to like much. I have only caught them under it once. They usually sleep together in a corner in deep aspen shavings. It still is warm here at night though. Low tonight is only going to be 60. We had one night down to 54 but they still wouldn't go under the ecoglow. I figured they must have been warm enough without it. I do not know if the new little ones will be brooded in the coop or garage. I am leaning to the coop and using the dog crate to contain them from the girls I have now. They will be about a month and a half apart in age.

Back
Top Bottom