Chicks chirping... how many to quiet the noise?

SierraChickens

Chirping
Nov 17, 2017
I was wondering if I were to hatch chicks (which I should be soon ) which would be more noisy-

1. Housing 1-4 chicks together (very little chicks)
2. Housing 4-7 chicks together (more chicks)
Possible reasoning for #1- less chicks would mean less friends to talk to, wile have more "buddies" will have them chirp more. Causing less chicks to be less noisy
Possible reasoning for #2- less chicks would cause them to call out to try to find more chicks and more chicks will just hang out with each other and keep calm, making more chicks less noisy

Which one is correct/less noisy?

Chicks are like babies-- they only cry out when something is wrong.

Not warm enough, out of food, out of water, dark, etc.
Not necessarily true. My momma told me I was the most crybaby of all babies she's ever witnessed!! If I'm not being held, I'm crying!!! :yesss:

Not necessarily true. My momma told me I was the most crybaby of all babies she's ever witnessed!! If I'm not being held, I'm crying!!!
Yeah, well, you're a special case..always chirping obnoxiously when and about what is unimportant and inappropriate. :lol:

Those may be reasons for chirping.
As long as there are at least 2 chicks, they are comfortable with the temperature, adequate food and water, a daily dark period, there shouldn't be lots of noise.
This is a valid response^^^

Back
Top Bottom