Chicks constantly knocking over water

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Never really had this issue before, but for some reason Scramble & Omelette just want to be extra ornery 😂. The past few days they have been knocking their waterer over almost non stop. It's a flippable waterer (the one with the red bottom that screws on).

I fill it up, place it in and it's toppled over about an hour later. I've tried moving it around to different spots in the brooder but they somehow do it anyway.

Would it be safe to place a large rock inside? I don't know how else to keep it weighted down. I've been having to change out their bedding several times a day due to this since it gets flooded by the waterer. Any advice would be awesome! 👍❤️

Never really had this issue before, but for some reason Scramble & Omelette just want to be extra ornery 😂. The past few days they have been knocking their waterer over almost non stop. It's a flippable waterer (the one with the red bottom that screws on).

I fill it up, place it in and it's toppled over about an hour later. I've tried moving it around to different spots in the brooder but they somehow do it anyway.

Would it be safe to place a large rock inside? I don't know how else to keep it weighted down. I've been having to change out their bedding several times a day due to this since it gets flooded by the waterer. Any advice would be awesome! 👍❤️
Hanging watererers are so much easier.

I use the cross nipples for water for my ladies. I recommend looking at rent a coop. The picture is a 5 gallon water container

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom