Chicks due today in the mail?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickendude, Apr 4, 2011.

1. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Well my small order of chicks from MPC is due today. I took off from work so I can get them quickly into the brooder. Well it's 0845 and no call from my local PO yet. I hope they come today. On a brighter side while at the buss stop this morning my neighbor inform me they ordered 25 chicks from McMurray. It will be their first go-round with chickens. Theirs are due June 6th. So now our street will be loaded with beautiful backyard chickens. I have told her about BYC and I do believe she has been a lurker here gathering info.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    my chicks always come first thing from the post office, they usually call me before they are even open. i would call the po ?

3. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    I spoke to them on Fri and they said they would call early when they arrive. So I guess they will come tomorrow? Tomorrow I work late so I will be home in the AM. Annie3001 what part of CT are you in? I am on the boarded of NY and CT between Danbury and Kent.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
  4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    May I suggest calling the PO anyway? I left my numbers there when I was expecting eggs, turns out that the guy in charge that day couldn't be bothered to call. The next time there was someone else on that day and she called asap.

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:in glastonbury,ct.

6. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Quote:I stopped at the PO and no chicks as of yet. Also called MPC and they do not show it as shipped as of yet and see no reason as to why they shouldn't ship tomorrow. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

7. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Quote:in glastonbury,ct.

Okay yea your right in the middle of the state. My son has played allot of ice hockey tournaments in that area. Windsor and South Windsor etc. many times. Beautiful area.

8. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Well I got my 4 new chicks this morning around 11:00 am. All are healthy and doing great.

9. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by