Chicks dyeing before hatch

crazy-chickenlady-nz

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2022
I had 6 eggs in my brinsea EX
1 hatched perfect (it's now a bully) hahašŸ˜¬
1 pipped I could see it was almost out looks like it drowned šŸ˜¢
2 had pipped and been pipped awhile and wasn't doing anything else so I hatched them ( they are alive doing well)

I checked this morning and 1 had died before pipping (still had yoke) and the other had just died after its first pip

Why would this be ? After my first chick the humidity did raise to 80% šŸ˜¬ then dropped down

All chicks were alive and on day 17

I still have 6 eggs to do in another incubator a cheap brand which I did start the whole incubatation in there then moved 6 to my new brinsea.

Any advise for my next lot I'll be putting in this is the first time Iv even used a incubator we normally use our chickens

What was the humidity readings for days 1-17?
Were you able to calibrate the incubator before using it, or do you have a separate hygrometer and thermometer to put inside as well?
So sorry you lost so many!

What was the humidity readings for days 1-17?
Were you able to calibrate the incubator before using it, or do you have a separate hygrometer and thermometer to put inside as well?
So sorry you lost so many!
Humidity was up and down as was using the cheap incubator at the start so that probably my problem. Then I put 6 eggs into my new brinsea and it would range between 45% and 55% it's all automatic built in its a 2022 model brinsea šŸ˜¬ first time using it

Hopefully my next round goes easier and I get a better rate

Back
Top Bottom