chicks dying. all coming from same plaace

are you sure your not dealing with coccidosis not all forms of cocci cause bleeding in stool. the curling backwards is curious but other symptoms sound like cocci. if cocci give corid asap
.corid kills all stains of cocci other medications kill only some. is the curling torticolis?which is bending back or twisting of the neck ,it can implicate even more serious illnesses such as mareks, or bacterial brain infection. i suggest you look up markes,and coccidosis see if either of these fit your chicks symptoms. what has me bothered is the curling up, is it the neck that curls (torticolis) or the body kind of curl up? if you think the symptoms are closest to coccidosis id administer corid RIGHT away! is the breathing normal? if yes id suspect coccidosis. i Hope this is helpful . i wish you the best of luck. if you suspect cocci please treat as soon as possiable. good luck

are you sure your not dealing with coccidosis not all forms of cocci cause bleeding in stool. the curling backwards is curious but other symptoms sound like cocci. if cocci give corid asap
.corid kills all stains of cocci other medications kill only some. is the curling torticolis?which is bending back or twisting of the neck ,it can implicate even more serious illnesses such as mareks, or bacterial brain infection. i suggest you look up markes,and coccidosis see if either of these fit your chicks symptoms. what has me bothered is the curling up, is it the neck that curls (torticolis) or the body kind of curl up? if you think the symptoms are closest to coccidosis id administer corid RIGHT away! is the breathing normal? if yes id suspect coccidosis. i Hope this is helpful . i wish you the best of luck. if you suspect cocci please treat as soon as possiable. good luck
i read up on corridosis. they dont have blood in their droppings at all. they are five days old. if they where hatched and shipped tuesday. its like one a day. i really hope its not mareks.

I just ordered chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery (Ohio) and I'm seeing very similar deaths with mine. I ordered 25 pullets, 5 each of Ameraucana, black giant, buff orps, amber link, and golden comet. I ordered through my local Tractor Supply. I wanted cochins and marans but the hatchery stopped carrying them and the amber links and golden comets were substitutes. I picked them up at my post office (I am in south Louisiana near Baton Rouge) Friday morning and 2 were dead on arrival. I thought 3 more were dead but I saw them move a little so gave them a little sugar water and put them in a separate area under a heat lamp. I thought they were recovering but apparently all the tlc did was make them last a little longer. I've lost 13 as of now. They seem to go down in a short period of time. A few were lethargic on arrival and never got better and others would seem to be ok then go downhill in a hurry. I only lost 1 black giant in shipping, the others have been fine. Lost 3 Ameraucanas, and all of the golden comets and most of the amber links and several buffs. I haven't lost any today and the ones left are very active and eating and drinking well. The ones that died went downhill in a hurry. No indications of illness such as bloody stools, just lethargic and stopped eating and drinking. Dead within a couple of hours of onset of symptoms. Temperature under the lamp is fine, they also have enough room to get away from it if they become too hot. They are currently in my dining room, so temperature is well regulated and not drafty. We have 6 chicks (production reds) we bought at Tractor Supply about 3 weeks ago and they have thrived. Several of them are very friendly to the point that they run at you and seek attention when their cage is opened. They are also in the dining room until they finish feathering out and the weather warms up. So same environment, same food, water, and bedding. Yet the first 6 I got are fine and I've lost half of the new ones. The lady I spoke to at the hatchery thought maybe they had gotten chilled during shipping. This is the first time I've ordered chicks; I usually get them at the store or from a local that has chicks. I've never lost chicks like this. Anyone else order from this hatchery this year? Any problems? The lady at the hatchery said they've had very few complaints this week, but when I looked up the hatchery I saw that they had a salmonella outbreak tied to them last year.

I just ordered chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery (Ohio) and I'm seeing very similar deaths with mine. I ordered 25 pullets, 5 each of Ameraucana, black giant, buff orps, amber link, and golden comet. I ordered through my local Tractor Supply. I wanted cochins and marans but the hatchery stopped carrying them and the amber links and golden comets were substitutes. I picked them up at my post office (I am in south Louisiana near Baton Rouge) Friday morning and 2 were dead on arrival. I thought 3 more were dead but I saw them move a little so gave them a little sugar water and put them in a separate area under a heat lamp. I thought they were recovering but apparently all the tlc did was make them last a little longer. I've lost 13 as of now. They seem to go down in a short period of time. A few were lethargic on arrival and never got better and others would seem to be ok then go downhill in a hurry. I only lost 1 black giant in shipping, the others have been fine. Lost 3 Ameraucanas, and all of the golden comets and most of the amber links and several buffs. I haven't lost any today and the ones left are very active and eating and drinking well. The ones that died went downhill in a hurry. No indications of illness such as bloody stools, just lethargic and stopped eating and drinking. Dead within a couple of hours of onset of symptoms. Temperature under the lamp is fine, they also have enough room to get away from it if they become too hot. They are currently in my dining room, so temperature is well regulated and not drafty. We have 6 chicks (production reds) we bought at Tractor Supply about 3 weeks ago and they have thrived. Several of them are very friendly to the point that they run at you and seek attention when their cage is opened. They are also in the dining room until they finish feathering out and the weather warms up. So same environment, same food, water, and bedding. Yet the first 6 I got are fine and I've lost half of the new ones. The lady I spoke to at the hatchery thought maybe they had gotten chilled during shipping. This is the first time I've ordered chicks; I usually get them at the store or from a local that has chicks. I've never lost chicks like this. Anyone else order from this hatchery this year? Any problems? The lady at the hatchery said they've had very few complaints this week, but when I looked up the hatchery I saw that they had a salmonella outbreak tied to them last year.
ive only lost 1 buff orp fom mcmurray. lost two brown leghorns in transit. the chicks that i am loosing are the ideal hatchery ones. i think its the cold. cause same lie you i purchased some chicks from tsc and they are doing fine. having a salmonella outbreack tied to the business must not be helpful :p

Back
Top Bottom