chicks dying within 24 hrs after hatching & others can't hardly stand

Quote:
You are right, helping too soon is not helping. It is better to try to find the problem, which I know is why you're here. I would try increasing the temperature about 2 degrees and increasing the humidity sooner before hatch. See if that helps. Good luck.

I am going to I just checked on my other chick it is now moving around after 5 hrs now I am trying to figure out if I should leave it in the incubator over night or move it to the big pen which is a black 100 gallon tote with the other chick
Quote:
You are right, helping too soon is not helping. It is better to try to find the problem, which I know is why you're here. I would try increasing the temperature about 2 degrees and increasing the humidity sooner before hatch. See if that helps. Good luck.

I am hvng the same problem, dying after hatching, this one is also silkie and buff Orpington. I know the r unrelated and this year just seems to be crazy for my hatching, so after reading this thread, I hv to assume it must be my silkie.. Mine also after 24 hours never walked, acting as if one foot is weak

I am hvng the same problem, dying after hatching, this one is also silkie and buff Orpington. I know the r unrelated and this year just seems to be crazy for my hatching, so after reading this thread, I hv to assume it must be my silkie.. Mine also after 24 hours never walked, acting as if one foot is weak
I would read the notes and links at the beginning of the incubating with friends thread and assk there. Good luck. It is in the current new post list thousands of posts so easy to ID.

I have been incubating for 4 years now. Bought eggs from 2 local gals. Have good hatches w breeder #1 New breeder, have had only 3 of 10 hatch 2 have died with in 48 hrs. I believe it is dietary & genetic. Also, large flock size are harder to manage.

Back
Top Bottom