Chicks dying?????

Clubber1234

Free Ranging
Feb 11, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there.
So its like this, I have 5 serama bantam chicks and they have all got there feathers sticking up and are dying every night. When there dead there all stretched out and look like there paralysed.
Has anyone had anything like this before?

They haven't been vaccinated against it yet.
Here's a pic:
IMG_20181113_162000.jpg

Hi there.
So its like this, I have 5 serama bantam chicks and they have all got there feathers sticking up and are dying every night. When there dead there all stretched out and look like there paralysed.
Has anyone had anything like this before?
Photos of the poop?
Do they have heat?
What are you feeding them?
Are they cross breeds?
How long have you had them?
How old are they?

I would lean toward them having Coccidiosis, if you have a vet that can run a quick test for you that would be great. Otherwise, I would start them on Corid. This can be found at Tractor Supply in the cattle section.
Dosage is 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days - make sure this is the ONLY water available during that time period. Mix a fresh batch at least once a day.

fwiw - the Marek's vaccine is administered at hatching and chicks would need to be kept separated/isolated (quarantined) from other chickens for up to 3weeks in order to build up some immunity.

They have there mother
I'm feeding them chick crumb
They are pure breed
I have had them since the 5 October
They are 8 weeks old
IMG_20181113_170343.jpg

Back
Top Bottom