Chicks eye color .....

svh

Crowing
Dec 24, 2019
Mid Missouri
..... Do they change with age ?

I have 9 seven week old chicks, not sure what breeds some are, but they all have either blue, green, brown, or jet black eyes. I was wondering if they will stay the colors they are, or will they change ? I do know that 2 are Black Sex Links, and 2 are Barred Rocks, but the rest are a mystery. Supposedly, the rest are green eggers, and blue eggers.

Something is keeping me from posting pics on this forum, and as much as I try, I cannot upload anything, and it is extremely frustrating !!! :he

I was hoping to have you all help me identify breeds and sex, but I guess I'll find out eventually.

I remember reading that all mine would have red eyes, and I was like, no way - because they were all black, and then sorted out to a grayish green. But at some point - yep - they all became red with pupils, just as promised. So my guess is once they're closer to adults, they'll change.

Good luck with the photo uploader. That sucks.

Yes the eye color changes as they age (as it does for many animals!) Most chicks have lighter colored eyes, from gray to greenish, and as adults will have orange to bay colored eyes.

Back
Top Bottom