Chicks first night in the coop! *NOW WITH PICS*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mrbstephens, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Songster

YAY! This chicks are in their new coop! I went out there briefly and when they heard me they started cheeping like crazy and were huddled around the pop door hoping I'd let them back in their old home which was in the garage. When will they stop doing that? It made me feel a little bad for them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. Quote:They're probably begging for food, not for their old home. They'll always do that! And congrats on your coop and getting your chicks in it--it's a good feeling, mine had their first night last night!

3. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Songster

They have food and water in there and they had been eating and drinking from the feeder and waterer earlier so they know it's there. They were pecking at the pop door. When I checked again later I was really quiet to not wake them up. They were still huddled together by the door, but they seemed comfortable enough and ready to sleep.

4. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    I love this! We all do the whole "Kids going to college" thing with our chicks first night out..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  5. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Songster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Love the rich olive green legs on your ee's!

7. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Songster

Oh really? Do rich olive green legs mean rich olive green EGGS?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: