Chicks for export

Vijay B

Hatching
Nov 18, 2017
Guys I am from the Caribbean and have been looking for a hatchery or supplier of heritage breed chicks that can export chicks to me in the Caribbean. Can any one refer me to any hatchery/ person/ company that hatches these chicks and also has the capabilities to export them outside of the us.
Looking for as many breeds possible eg, the Jersey Giants, Wyandote, Maran, brahmas etc... waterfowl, geese, peafowl, Guieas - pearl grey, African White, Lavender, Royal Purple etc.

Any one that can help guide me will be much appreciated.

What island are you on? That would give us a starting point.
I've shipped eggs and will be shipping chicks to Puerto Rico but that is a US territory.
Do you know your nation's import requirements?
https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/international-affairs/exporting-products

Most people don't do it because of the paperwork hassle, time involved and getting more people involved like government vets. And shipping is much more expensive. All that adds up to lots of money.

You would be much better off getting a good incubator and importing eggs. Live poultry is often required to undergo a lengthy quarantine in a government facility and they don't often survive that. Lots of money spent and no birds as a result.
If you do go the egg route, it is much better to hand carry them abroad because of the likely chance they will be x-rayed.

What island are you on? That would give us a starting point.
I've shipped eggs and will be shipping chicks to Puerto Rico but that is a US territory.
Do you know your nation's import requirements?
https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/international-affairs/exporting-products

Most people don't do it because of the paperwork hassle, time involved and getting more people involved like government vets. And shipping is much more expensive. All that adds up to lots of money.

You would be much better off getting a good incubator and importing eggs. Live poultry is often required to undergo a lengthy quarantine in a government facility and they don't often survive that. Lots of money spent and no birds as a result.
If you do go the egg route, it is much better to hand carry them abroad because of the likely chance they will be x-rayed.

I am from Trinidad & Tobago in the Caribbean. My email [email protected]. Please send me an email. I will send you a copy of the import permit requirement. You are correct.. It may be easier to get the eggs to me and then I incubate them. Never the less whatever it costs .. it costs.. I really wish to have a large collection of poultry on my farm and I am willing to go the extra to compensate you for your troubles.

Please send me an email promptly.

Back
Top Bottom