Chicks getting older! Some guidance needed.

I would remove the laying pellets until they are all laying eggs, they don't need the extra calcium and imho, 16% is too low for the youngsters a well.
20% protein all flock should be fine for all. If the chicks are eating starter right now, you may want to begin adding some all flock to what they are already eating so they get used to it.

Good luck with integration - take it slow, expect to see some drama and chasing, provide some safe places for the chicks to get up and out of the way of the older ones.
Will do... Thanks!

And yes, I plan on sitting in there with them when the door opens ;)... I have a couple I know that are gonna give some trouble!

Will do... Thanks!

And yes, I plan on sitting in there with them when the door opens ;)... I have a couple I know that are gonna give some trouble!
It's usually the lowest in pecking order adults that are the worst offenders when it comes to integrating youngsters. They now have someone they can be above and seem to want to make sure they keep their place. At least that's what it's been like for me.

Back
Top Bottom