Chicks in mail for 2 days???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dixiechick, Aug 7, 2008.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

My chicks were shipped from Ideal on Wed (Aug 6). I expected this here today. NO CHICKS!! [​IMG]

Does their success rate diminish from being in the mail for TWO DAYS????? I want my babies!!!!

2. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    the ones I got in the mail last year were two days in transit. I lost a couple of ducklings, but my chickens all arrived perfectly healthy. the duck losses may have been because there were six ducks and four geese and they just got trampled. i don't know. As long as the USPS keeps them from getting to overheated, they'll probably be just fine tomorrow.

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm SO nervous....I keep nesting and nesting....like that's hurrying things up!!!! [​IMG]

4. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Yeah, they can survive provided they weren't drop kicked, set overnight under the A/C unit, box crushed, etc.

My chicks took 2 days from Ohio to northern Michigan! They arrived fine. The keets were another story but the fools shipped them on a Friday and it went downhill from there.

Looks like my next batch of keets is also taking 2 days, (different hatchery) but air travel is involved this time.

Just cross your fingers, hold your breath, and pray if you've a mind to.

5. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    you chicks should be ok as long as they dont put them in the sun

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by