Chicks Just Hatched Please Help And Answer My Questions!!!!!

RNM Chicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Webster Groves, MO
barnie.gif
i have new baby chicks i dont know what to do help1!!!!!!!!!

WE have seven that just hatched
two are pecking through ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
he.gif

when can we take the chicks out of the incubator i mean there are still some eggs that havent hatched what if chicks are in there i dont want to kill them!!!!!!! HELP

deep breaths, they are fine, you are fine. they will be fine in the bator for up to 3 days. DO NOT "help" the chicks still in the shells. any time I have interfered the chicks fail to thrive.

Also, it has, at least in my experience, been more detrimental to the chicks to pull them out of the incubator too early than to let them stay in for a while. We had a hatch recently (we purchased "rhode island red hatching eggs" but ended up with something that doesn't even resemble a rhode island red chick-4 black with black feet, 4 red but feathering out white, and the rest yellow and brown ... beside the point though) ... anyway, almost all of the chicks hatched during the night and they stayed in until the next morning. It didn't hurt any of them. However, I pulled one out that was not quite dry while I was taking out the others thinking that she was so close that she would be ok under the heat lamp and she died .... but it took three days ... very very very very sad
hit.gif
:hit:hit, will never do that again.

Thank you for easing our worry! They are stepping all over each other and it's rather amusing to watch. We just don't want to harm the unhatched, or leave the newly hatched in too long. The first one hatched this morning about 8am, then nothing until about 2:30, then all of a sudden....boom! They are pipping and zipping like crazy!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom