"Chicks" leave the "nest!!!"

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
Well, it's been a long winter. Our momma hen, named "Allblack" hatched her babies last December 2 during that strange spell of warm weather, and she died three weeks later, leaving her babies orphaned. So, we brought them inside...little did we know we'd be battling two bouts of severe illness in our flock, and weird cold weather this spring besides, preventing us from bringing our "chicks" back to the barn. In the meantime, over the past four months they've grown up into two young roos who have learned to crow, and five hens laying their first eggs, all just outside my teenage daughter's bedroom door! Now that it's almost May we've decided it's time for them to leave the people world of stereos, TV, heat and air conditioning. Please wish the best of luck to cockerels Jack Frost and Dusty, and pullets Sugar, Cookie, Buckbeak, Bell, and Razzle, as they return to the chicken world in the barn and yard and meet their Dads, aunts and uncles. We'll miss them!

Yes good luck to your chickies!

I have yet to let mine out for good because the weather is so weird here, but I know for sure they are going to miss the TV.

Awww....im sure they will be fine. You might want to go visit them often tho....just to reassure them!
love.gif
Good luck babies!! ( well, not actualy babies now are they?)

Back
Top Bottom