Chicks lost interest in treats :/

Thanks for the input, everyone😊. I’ve backed off for few days and then tried again with no luck. They were only getting treats once or twice a day to “practice” coming when called- maybe one or two meal worms per bird? they will eat other things just not from my hand, lol. (They don’t seem afraid of my hand just stare at me and look blank/cofused). Guess I may just need to become an expert chicken wrangler, if the need ever arises😅
Are they getting chick grit with their treats?

Yep! Chick grit with probiotics and they love it! Just doesn’t seem to work as a treat either lol. As much as they do seem to be finicky, I wonder if it’s as much about them being very independent And wanting to get the food themselves? I.e. I left some chopped cherries in their cage and they were gone pretty fast but when I tried to hand feed their disinterested 🥺

Are they getting chick grit with their treats?

Update! In case anyone else out there is also new to chickens might be going through something similar... My gals have once again, started eating pretty much everything/anything from my hand as a “treat” 🎊!!!
All I can figure is that they must have been stressed about being moved into their coop and having a new routine?
The ones that were affectionate before have returned to being that way, even the spaz is a little more friendly/confident. Almost cried I was so happy. I adore them, so to feel like they no longer liked me or were afraid of me was heartbreaking. The one thing they still won’t eat though, is mealworms 🤣
*For reference and what ever it’s worth these are ~8 week old EEs (Supposedly pullets 🤞)

Back
Top Bottom