chicks loud before settling in for the night

This is why I love this site. The thread is old, but it answered my question perfectly. For the past 3 nights, the 4 week old "little peeps" have been SO loud at bedtime. Long about 8pm, they start going nuts, cheeping, piling into the corner of their brooder (still working on the coop!). Then after about 1/2 an hour of chatter, they find their places and fall asleep. It's cute, but I just wanted to be sure it was chicken-normal.
jumpy.gif

that's good to hear that they settle.

Mine are about 6 weeks and haven't spent a night outside yet. I tried before but they made such a huge fuss, I brought them in. It's not cold (about 65) and I was sure it was darkness b/c they freak out as soon as it's dark.
I'm thinking they'll be sleeping outside in less than a week, if the weather is nice. They are getting too big for the box in the garage.

It's 2:30 am and there is so much peeping coming outside my bedroom I thought maybe my 2 year old has decided to terrorize the brooder. Nope...they do this a lot...so ready to put my first set outside. About a month old...ky weather has kept them in a little longer than we expected.

Back
Top Bottom