Chicks Man

Rocket Up

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
Nebraska
a few pics of some cute chicks
tongue.png

Don't know what I am going to do with all of these little creatures, but I love to hatch so...

Stone Partridge

75833_stonechick.jpg

A few Reeves

75833_rvchick.jpg

Some Koklass Chicks

75833_kokchick.jpg

Yes I love the Soup!

They can be. Grouse are more susceptible to disease than most (if not all ((maybe not blood pheasants, but they are more of a partridge))) types of pheasants. Special attention must be given to keeping everything clean. Maybe even cleaning waterers 2-3 times a day. Sometimes the chicks don't want to eat and it becomes necessary to hand feed meal worms. That can be a pain, but usually they catch on in a day or two. I feed meal worms, crushed egg and plenty of chopped greens and diced fruit/berries daily for the first 3-4 weeks, then end egg and feed meal worms every few days as a treat, increase amount of green food and fruit.

They are worth a shot and if nothing else are very educational. I think if you can raise grouse, you can raise about anything. Brad Rabe www.praviary has great praire chickens

This fall when they are older and the temps are below 80 I will ship. I have about 50 reeves chicks so far with maybe a third to go, so I will be needing to get rid of some
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom