Chicks moved out I have empty nest syndrome PICS

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
Yesterday I bit the bullet and moved my chicks out to the coop. They were ready to leave the playpen brooder that they had outgrown. They played all day in the sun and had a ball. When dusk came I put them through the popdoor and shut it. I went down after dark to find them all bunched in one corner and crying. I placed their feeder in corner to keep them out of at least that corner. When I left they tried to follow me out of the coop door. If it was not for my husband I would have gathered them all up and put them back in the laundry room. Ever the voice of reason he reminded me we would be right back in this same position tomorrow night if I didn't follow through. They have their brooder light and the temp was great. I went down at 2:00 am to check. They were all laying under the lamp sound asleep.
The pics are of my Barred Rock Rooster, my Buff Orpington Rooster and the gang taking their first sun bath (click pics to enlarge)

Oh I feel for you!!!

You are so smart to have put the feeder in that corner:cool:

Mine huddled in the corner closest to the door for weeks, I was a little thick in the head though. Finally they ventured further into the coop and now they are even roosting.

Be strong
jumpy.gif

They look wonderful! Now don't forget to clean and sanitize your laundry room. We use our laundry/mud room as an infirmary and brooder room too. Best room in the house every summer for hatching chicks....
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom