Chicks moving out today....**UPDATE! PHOTOS ADDED!**

Yea...we still worry about the little boogers
wink.png
They are still so little, and the nights still get chilly. I was surprised to find that my hubs garage utility lamp warms the coop much faster than just the heat lamp I'd been using that only heats the area beneath it. The temp thus far is holding steady with a cool area temp of just over 70, and a warm area temp of about 76-78. I think they like it. They are enjoying all the room to run about, fly, and explore. They've already found a couple bugs that made the mistake of coming on their turf! Its just getting really dark now, so I'll probably go out to check them again soon....I worry, ya know! lol
roll.png

4-H...they look sooo happy in there....great job!!! You are a wonderfull chicken momma.....
D.gif
SO glad you didnt put them out there with the first storms. They might have stressed a little. How cute are they?? OVERLOAD!!
love.gif

Thanks!
big_smile.png
Me and the kids worry we're doing everything just right. We try to use the best things, give them the most room, and spoil them rotten of course! My hub thinks I'm crazy and often has to remind me that he's a little 'tired' about hearing 'chicken this, and chicken that' all the time! lol
big_smile.png
BUT, HE was the one slavin away on their coop! (We helped too of course, but he did most of the work! lol) Anyway, I'd gone in to get him lunch and come back out to find him filling all the holes and cracks, and when I asked him about it he'd said "I cant let nothin get in here and take my chickens OR their eggs!" So, we know he really DOES care! lol

Okay that story about your hubby was sweet. My guy is the same way...couple of weeks ago...out of the blue...he says " We're gonna renovate the coop this spring" all serious sounding! I'm just giggling inside. "sure honey" i say. What a riot Hubbys are sometimes!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom