Chicks near Los Angeles?

I'm in Riverside and I have chicks, as well as started birds. I have black marans, copper black marans, olive eggers, mille fleur cochins, and the incubator is about to hatch in a few days, some BBS silkies from better than pet quality stock, Large Dark Brahmas, barred olive egger project chicks... Prices vary from $5-25 per chick or pullet. Pullet guarantees available at no extra cost.

Hello everyone,

Since you guys know so much on where about to find chickens in Southern California, i need help on where to buy good quality serama.....thank you much.
smile.png

I'm in Huntington Beach, CA and have:

Bantam show quality Brahmas (3 at 3 weeks old)
Bantam double laced Barnevelders (2 at 3 weeks old)
Bantam Cochins of a few different colors fathered by slash and blue roos (14 at 2 weeks old)
Bantam Polish, one white crested kaki and another white crested gray (2 at 5 weeks old)

They are all free range, unsexed and hen raised.

Hi everyone I don't mean to take over the thread, but I had a quick question. I'm moving to the Los Angeles area next year and assumed that I would no longer be able to own chickens. But, after seeing this thread I have some hope. Are there many cities within driving distance of LA where you can have chickens or are you guys just a brave few who keep them in a more urban area?
lol.png

I live about 35mi east of Los Angeles, but still in LA county. We are allowed 14 hens, no roosters. However in the city just to my north (about one mile from my house), they are only allowed 2 hens and no roosters. The laws about chickens vary greatly from city to city out here.

Back
Top Bottom