chicks not liking treats?

blakeh1

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Ennis texas
My Coop
My Coop
i got 6 barred rock chicks on Tuesday, they are 5 weeks old. i have been letting them out of the coop a couple times a day. While they love to roam around and eat whatever they find i have tried on several occasions to give them treats(strawberry's being the latest) yesterday i tried watermelon and cantaloupe. They don't seem to like any of them, except for small pieces of bread. Is this normal, will they like them when they get older?

So far mine only like egg and cheese. They freaked out over the cheese
gig.gif
. They did not like yogurt mixed with feed or strawberries.
They do not need treats so if they don't like it, be happy lol They only need their chick feed.

Katie

I had gotten a Baby Cake chick treat for my chicks before they arrived. I tried giving it to them yesterday, but none of them seemed to care for it. A few trial pecks, then walked away. However, they go nuts for dandelions & grass clumps with roots & dirt attached! Its hilarious to watch them play keep away from the others when they think they've found a choice piece of grass! And all the ones chasing them around the brooder for it are oblivious to the fact that there's plenty there for everybody! LOL

I had gotten a Baby Cake chick treat for my chicks before they arrived. I tried giving it to them yesterday, but none of them seemed to care for it. A few trial pecks, then walked away....
My chicks did the same thing, plus I hung it up and it really freaked them out if it got bumped and started moving.
idunno.gif
Crazy chicks.

There is Nothing funnier or cuter than a chick who gets something "special" and starts to run! The rest of the flock will stampede after it even sometimes when I know for certain they have no clue WHY they are chasing the leader. LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom