1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks not wanting to walk, all 3 of them

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Bekki2782, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bekki2782

Bekki2782 New Egg

Sep 20, 2010
    I have 3 baby chickens, all from the same mama, or so I was told from the feed store. I have been doing everything I can, reading books, feeding good diets, ect..., then suddenly this morning they all started not wanting to walk. They try to get up and take a few steps, then just sit down. They were fine last night about midnight, then at 7am this morning this happened. I bring them inside at night in a big cage, then during the day they go outside in tehir coop. They can walk but dont seem to want to I think. They are eating, drinking ect....
    Please help, could it be worms? Is it a pesticide or anything? My landlord may have puts omething outside the coop though I seriously doubt that, she likes chickens too.
    They just seem like they are weak you know, they sort of stumble towards their food. They can walk a few normal steps, then just sit, its so strange and Im very worried.
    Anyone have any ideas about what it may be? I'll probably just have to take them to a vet, silly as its ounds, Im having trouble finding chickens vets where I am, that worries me also.
    Thank you everyone so much for your help.

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    How old are they? Are they on medicated feed? Heat lamp? Treats? What kind of bedding material?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by