chicks on the way

Hello all, new to the site find it really informative. I have a question about new chicks this time of year. Is it possible to get day old chicks sent through the mail this time of year? We live in Michigan and it seems to me they would be killed with the cold in transet. thanks in advance for any help.

Quote:
Smitty652 There are tons of hatcheries to get almost any type of chicks all year round. As far as transporting them they will pack them up properly bc that's what they do for a living and know what to do. The best thing for you and your new babies is try it in the Spring time but if you can not wait find a good quality hatchery close to where you live and it will have the least amount of stress on the new kids in transport. It does not say where you are from but at the top just to the left of center is a search tab click on it and that is a global search for everything posted here on BYC. in the search area type HATCHERIES and you will have more places to call and you will be busier than a 1 legged man in a kicking contest.

welcome-byc.gif
to the site.

Last edited:
mine are being shipped out today... i did order 25 though so hopefully they will make it...

let you all know friday how it goes when i pick them up...
ya.gif
first time i've ordered in the winter!!!
jumpy.gif

Just got the E-Mail today stating that my chicks had been shipped from IDEAL Poultry!! Hopefully I will have my peeps by tomorrow. All 40 of them.

BTW
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom