Chicks on their way!

Dec 28, 2017
Western Wisconsin
Hey everyone. Today we finally made our way to the feed store and ordered some baby chicks! They are set to arrive on May 24th, so we have some time, but I'm still pretty excited! I had talked about a few different breed combinations, but we ended up going with something a bit different. Our only criteria was that we would at least have a few eggs and that they would all have sweet and friendly temperaments. The chickens will be more of a novelty/pets than producers. I researched a few that I thought were interesting, and here is what we ended up with:
(We ordered one of each)
-Salmon Faverolle
-Americana/Easter Egger
-Silver-Laced Wyandotte
-Australorp
-Buff Orpington

We also will be getting a few silkies separately.
I'll make sure to post their baby pictures :love as well as more updates on our coop and brooder!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Today we finally made our way to the feed store and ordered some baby chicks! They are set to arrive on May 24th, so we have some time, but I'm still pretty excited! I had talked about a few different breed combinations, but we ended up going with something a bit different. Our only criteria was that we would at least have a few eggs and that they would all have sweet and friendly temperaments. The chickens will be more of a novelty/pets than producers. I researched a few that I thought were interesting, and here is what we ended up with:
(We ordered one of each)
-Salmon Faverolle
-Americana/Easter Egger
-Silver-Laced Wyandotte
-ISA Brown
-Buff Orpington

We also will be getting a few silkies separately.
I'll make sure to post their baby pictures :love as well as more updates on our coop and brooder!
Buff Orpingtons :yesss:
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom