Chicks Overdue :(

Well, I opened them up today. One was only 1/4 the size of the other so was gone a while. The other must dnot have been strong enough to get out. It was fully developed and the yolk was already absorbed.

On a good note a family friend is gicing me her 8 laying hens and a turkey hen because she had foot surgery and isn't able to get out to the pen. Amd she wants a summer without critters to travel (I offered to just bird sit). So, perhaps I'll end up with hatching eggs sooner than planned next go :)

Well, I opened them up today. One was only 1/4 the size of the other so was gone a while. The other must dnot have been strong enough to get out. It was fully developed and the yolk was already absorbed.

On a good note a family friend is gicing me her 8 laying hens and a turkey hen because she had foot surgery and isn't able to get out to the pen. Amd she wants a summer without critters to travel (I offered to just bird sit). So, perhaps I'll end up with hatching eggs sooner than planned next go :)

This may sound like a dumb question but does the friend also have a rooster?

Back
Top Bottom