chicks picking at another chicks bloody pin feathers

I also heard that just today when I mentioned to my neighbor who has had chickens for a while to try vicks. The chickens dont like the taste of it.Don't think it will sting either. I have tried the blue cote which is very messy and really stains the chickens.You have to keep applying it daily and for me it didn't work. Anything bitter tasting that would stick and not burn the skin should work. Good luck!

Here is a Vicks precaution! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2593001 Don't know who's right!
idunno.gif

what color is your light is it infered??
dye the water red also to keep their little eyes away from each other
also room how much room do they have.
there is something called a chickcake forage cake to help with boardum
i had a problem with the RIR getting picked on by my BR
i tried nopeck lotion worked alittle but i had to keep on top of it something as little as change the color of the light and they all calmed down,

well, I got my one chick all healed up. I didn't put anything on it. Just kept her separate until she healed and then put them back together. They have been fine for the last 3 days. I check on them about every 3 hours. Just went to check on them and they had another one picked in 3 different areas with gaping wounds. I'm not sure if she is going to make it. I wonder if I should put some kind of antiseptic on it or something. I can't believe how bad she is. It's horrible. This chicken stuff is not nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be. What was I thinking!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom