Chicks pipped away from air cell

Pollmadoll

Songster
5 Years
May 21, 2018
Wiltshire,UK
Very nervous as I have some silver laced Wyandotte/silky serama chicks hatching hopefully tonight but they have pipped 1cm above air cell! I can hear chirping . Does anyone have any photos of this unusual cross breed.

B7858ED2-2F18-460B-9DAB-D6DD255BEB02.jpeg
9830031B-0D9D-4363-8646-A18515A0EF41.jpeg
706FCB6D-3DDA-464A-9891-D8945D744EEB.jpeg
All three hatched safe and sound. The last one got shrink wrapped so had to assist it . Very scarey but it is now very happy and healthy

Did you purposely crossbreed them or did your rooster get your hen?

Right now I have four chicks from a Black Jersey Giant mama and a White Leghorn roo. Two look like the mom, one like the roo, but one looks like a mix. White body with black striped feathers. We’re hoping it’s not a roo because we already have 4

Nope, the Dad is a silky serama and Mum a silverlaced Wyandotte. I am amazed at their beautiful varied colouring. Also I had a 100% successful hatch. They are now called LIGHTNING ( the largest first born and probably a cockerel) MIMI ( the cream one ) and APRICOT (the smallest as I had to save her/ him)

Nope, the Dad is a silky serama and Mum a silverlaced Wyandotte. I am amazed at their beautiful varied colouring. Also I had a 100% successful hatch. They are now called LIGHTNING ( the largest first born and probably a cockerel) MIMI ( the cream one ) and APRICOT (the smallest as I had to save her/ him)
Well done on your save. The one I saved is still the smallest but truly loving life

Back
Top Bottom