Chicks running away and hiding!!!! Help!!!

My3ChicksMBD

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 30, 2013
Hello! Just a few minutes ago, my dad was outside and so were my chicks. My chicks are in a fence thing but my two little chicks can get out of it. My dad came in the house and me and him went out and the two little chicks were gone. And I looked for them and heard them. One of them came running to the fence and the other one was beside a tree under some leaves. It was making noise. And then they got put back up and then they came out again and are now hiding behind a pot. Did they do this because sometimes the bigger chick pecks at them? Are they afraid of that chick? Should I separate them? Thanks! ~My3ChicksMBD

Hello! Just a few minutes ago, my dad was outside and so were my chicks. My chicks are in a fence thing but my two little chicks can get out of it. My dad came in the house and me and him went out and the two little chicks were gone. And I looked for them and heard them. One of them came running to the fence and the other one was beside a tree under some leaves. It was making noise. And then they got put back up and then they came out again and are now hiding behind a pot. Did they do this because sometimes the bigger chick pecks at them? Are they afraid of that chick? Should I separate them? Thanks! ~My3ChicksMBD

It is possible that something scared them. Maybe a bird swooped overhead, or a leaf drifted down. These things could have frightened them, causing them to run away and hide. Or, they may have decided to go exploring, and couldn't figure out how to get back once they were a distance away. I don't think that they would run because another chicken pecked them, but it could still be the cause.

I don't think that it is nessacary to separate the small chicks from the larger chicks, unless you begin to see more picking going on, or they get injured. I do think that you should not let them out in that "fence thing" until they are too large to get out of it, as they could get lost again. A predator could also get them if they weren't protected.

Hope I've helped!

It is possible that something scared them. Maybe a bird swooped overhead, or a leaf drifted down. These things could have frightened them, causing them to run away and hide. Or, they may have decided to go exploring, and couldn't figure out how to get back once they were a distance away. I don't think that they would run because another chicken pecked them, but it could still be the cause.

I don't think that it is nessacary to separate the small chicks from the larger chicks, unless you begin to see more picking going on, or they get injured. I do think that you should not let them out in that "fence thing" until they are too large to get out of it, as they could get lost again. A predator could also get them if they weren't protected.

Hope I've helped!
Thank you so much!! My dad has changed the fence and so they shouldn't be able to get out once he fixes it a little more. The holes on it are small so they definitely can't get through them. Thank you so much!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom