Chicks - Serama, Partridge D'Anver, Porcelain D'Uccle, Booted Bantam (Sablepoot)

RainForestBird

Songster
Jul 12, 2016
I have a seven Seramas chicks that hatched yesterday, 8/5/2019 (see photos), and another clutch close to hatch date (same parents), they are under a broody. The seven that hatched are with one of my Serama hens. I am in Southeastern Arizona and I can't ship due to the heat. So local pick-up only. If you can't do that, I have fertile eggs for sale that I can ship with a cold pack.

I am also selling Partridge D'Anver, Porcelain D'Uccle and Booted Bantam (Sablepoot) pullets and cockerels and 2-3 week old straight run chicks. I only sell them as a pair, never singles. I will sell a trio if that is desired. Again, I do not ship them. I will ship cockerels only when the weather is cooler in the Fall.I have 4 16 week old cockerels that I can ship in September if its cool enough, they are all mottled, and gorgeous, some are more cool colored (blues, greys, black, green metallic) and some are warmer colored (reds, browns, oranges, buff) DSCN3683.JPG DSCN3683.JPG DSCN3686.JPG DSCN3688.JPG DSCN3689.JPG IMG_3728.JPG IMG_3730.JPG IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3592.JPG IMG_3593.JPG IMG_3594.JPG IMG_3636.JPG IMG_3652.JPG IMG_3653.JPG . I will ship eggs of all these breeds with a cold pack.

I have a few videos that I took of the Serama chicks if you would like to see how vigorous they are. They are very vocal and active! Especially when separated from Mama.

Yes, they are quail. Here is a photo from above (I have the pullets and cockerels in with a couple of Appenzellers and a D'uccle chick). And one of the dad and his offspring. The second photo is dad, sorry, its not a good photo, he's not very cooperative. they are quirky, active little birds, hardy, much more cold tolerant than the Mille Fleurs. They are very curious and like to play.
Can I see photos of your partridge d’anvers? Are they quail?

Attachments

• IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 14
  • danver.jpg
    danver.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    444.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    370.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3634.JPG
    IMG_3634.JPG
    542.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    599 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3642.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    647 KB · Views: 15
I am wanting a serama or 2 (chicks) to add to my flock of pullets. I can not drive due to a stroke and I live in Memphis TN. Now with that said I noticed you stated you will not ship but will ship cockerels. Because I do not want a rooster to breed with my regular birds and because I am ignorant when it comes to such. Will a serama breed with my regular birds? I have Barred Rocks, Sapphire Gems and Rhode Island Reds. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Chris Q.

A Serama will breed with a full size hen if given the opportunity. Some hens won't go for it and will attack the Serama, other hens don't care. I don't think the Barred Rock will be one of those that doesn't care, but the Rhode Island Red probably is a little more easy going. I've never had a Sapphire Gem, so I couldn't tell you about that hen.
I am wanting a serama or 2 (chicks) to add to my flock of pullets. I can not drive due to a stroke and I live in Memphis TN. Now with that said I noticed you stated you will not ship but will ship cockerels. Because I do not want a rooster to breed with my regular birds and because I am ignorant when it comes to such. Will a serama breed with my regular birds? I have Barred Rocks, Sapphire Gems and Rhode Island Reds. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Chris Q.

A Serama will breed with a full size hen if given the opportunity. Some hens won't go for it and will attack the Serama, other hens don't care. I don't think the Barred Rock will be one of those that doesn't care, but the Rhode Island Red probably is a little more easy going. I've never had a Sapphire Gem, so I couldn't tell you about that hen.
Thank you for the info RainForestBird. I appreciate the information.

Back
Top Bottom